Sparx Systems has released the first beta version of Enterprise Architect 15.1 (build 1521).
As listed on the release page (https://sparxsystems.com/products/ea/15.1/history.html), it provides a number of interesting new features and enhancements.
- Diagram Layers: new feature to group elements by layers and manage them separately (view/hide, etc.).
- Multi-Language Support can be enabled on elements notes and titles, with a manual or automatic translation(with Google or Microsoft services). The document generation tool provides an option to select the target language.
- Composite Diagram Preview: a composite element has a new shortcut (eye icon or ‘\’ keyboard shortcut) to open the diagram in a popup window.
- Native XML Project Transfer: the traditional Project Transfer feature is a useful way to copy and replace the entire source project to a target project (file or DBMS). The “Native XML” version is a handy way to generate an XML file when the source and target projects are not available from the same location.
- The typical usage would be to run a full backup from an onsite environment and restore it onto a local, backup or test environment.
- This new feature is compatible with local EA files (EAP, EAPx), DMBS, but also from a Cloud Server (url).
- Custom metamodel constraints improved.
- ArchiMate 3.1 support: ValueStream element type, Application Structure view.