Sparx Systems released yesterday the new version 11 of Enterprise Architect (Build 1105). The version is available to download from the "registered users" section of Sparx Systems web site.
Below is a selection of the main enhancements:
- Team collaboration and deployment options
- Cloud services: a new cloud based hosting service for your modelling projects is available.
- Firebird repository: an alternative to the default Jet engine used to store Enterprise Architect project data, this Open Source solution provides higher performances. Taking the advantage of Sparx Cloud Service, users can easily set up a remote repository to share access to an Enterprise Architect project.
- Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC): Enterprise Architect can be tied with OSLC client tools to enable sharing information with other tools
- Reusable Asset Service (RAS): this solution has been tailored for standards development organizations, making it possible to share and distribute reusable model packages in an open, uniform and timely manner using the Enterprise Architect Reusable Asset Service.
- Support for transparent images: support for transparent images enables you to improve the rendering and quality of your diagrams.
- Diagram Themes & Tiles: another feature to improve the quality and rendering of your diagrams by applying a pre-defined diagram theme, and/or one of the background tiles.
- Charts & dashboard: Enterprise Architect 11 provides the ability to dynamically generate charts based on model data, using pie charts, 2D and 3D bar charts.
- Package Driven Modeling: when placing a package onto a diagram, Enterprise Architect will prompt with one of the available options between the traditional functionality of 'Package element' and one the new options i.e. 'Document artifact linked to package', 'Graph based on package contents', and 'Matrix profile'.
- Improved Element Shadows : the appearance of shadows has significantly been improved, especially when elements overlap or interact with connectors.
- Additional supported standards via new or improved Profiles: National Information Exchange Model (NIEM), GML 3.3, ArcGIS (including topology rules import)
- Automation interface: new methods have been added in the Enterprise Architect API to use within your scripts and add'ins.
- Documentation: Enterprise Architect RTF generator has been improved with Word docx support.
- Specifications manager: the simple document view has been created to simplify editing model elements from a selected package.